Idiota de Sapientia

Tu te scientem putas, cum non sis, hinc superbis. Ego vero idiotam me esse cognosco, hinc humilior. In hoc forte doctior existo.

Freitag, August 11, 2006

Perfect Woman

I began many years ago, as so many young men do, in searching for the
perfect woman. I believed that if I looked long enough, and hard enough,
I would find her and then I would be secure for life. Well, the years
and romances came and went, and I eventually ended up settling for someone
a lot less than my idea of perfection. But one day, after many years
together, I lay there on our bed recovering from a slight illness. My
wife was sitting on a chair next to the bed, humming softly and watching
the late afternoon sun filtering through the trees. The only sounds to
be heard elsewhere were the clock ticking, the kettle downstairs starting
to boil, and an occasional schoolchild passing beneath our window. And
as I looked up into my wife's now wrinkled face, but still warm and
twinkling eyes, I realized something about perfection... It comes only
with time.
-- James L. Collymore, "Perfect Woman"